Commercial Real Estate firm seeks high quality Maintenance Mechanic for our New York City retail / commercial location. Candidate must be a motivated self-starting individual with the necessary skills that fulfill the responsibilities listed below:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform work necessary to complete Tenant and Base Building Work Orders and work tasks. This includes but is not limited to; all work customary with the maintenance of an office/retail center including plumbing repairs, electrical maintenance, painting, door and hardware repairs, carpentry work, snow removal, etc.
- Strong electrical maintenance, troubleshooting & repair experience in a commercial facility on electrical distribution systems, HVAC & controls, lighting systems and emergency power and lighting systems.
- Perform all work in an industry standard and acceptable manner. This includes proper prep-work, as well as proper protection and clean up upon job completion. All work should also be completed in a time efficient manner and seen to completion without open items.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on equipment such as light bulbs and ballasts, changing filters, cleaning and lubrication of operating equipment, belt changing and alignment.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation and use of common & specialty tools.
- Candidate must be able to respond to and/or assist with Emergency Calls 24/7.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays when required.
- Assist in coordinating, directing and monitoring contract workers as needed, to support the operation and maintenance of the facility.
- Must possess working knowledge of safety procedures as well as safety hazards and precautions related to the building and maintenance trades.
- Routinely and safely lift varying sized objects with varying weights of up to and over 60 pounds.
- Work while sitting, kneeled, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in extreme heat and cold, working in confined spaces, climbing ladders, using man lifts and using fall protection equipment.
- Must maintain professional relationships and have the ability to work independently and establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, tenants, vendors & contractors.
- Proactively maintain the appearance and physical condition of the Property by promptly identifying problems and/or abnormalities, and determining and performing the corrective action, and / or reporting them to Management so that they can be properly addressed.
- Report to Chief Engineer, Operations Manager and/or Property Manager.
- Complete and provide detailed daily reports to the Operations Manager and/or Property Managers.
- Employee must quickly become familiar with the Building’s BMS controls system in order to make changes and adjustments when required and requested by Management.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies including FDNY.
- Maintain building storage rooms, maintenance shops and all other back of the house areas such as mechanical & equipment rooms, in a neat and orderly manner.
- Keep track of and maintain company issued tools and equipment.
- Notify Management regarding the need for supplies or special tools. Place supply orders when authorized by Management.
- Pick up supply orders when necessary.
- Assist with on-site & off-site emergencies and unforeseen issues.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Management and/or Ownership.
- Candidate must familiarize themselves with the Employee Handbook and must report to work and perform responsibilities pursuant to Policies, as described.
- Forward time cards to Management, weekly, for payroll processing.
- Coordinate cleaning projects with cleaning staff and Tenants.
- Communicate both orally and in written English.
- Record and report all utilities such as gas, water & electric meter readings as directed.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Proactively pursuing or in possession of FDNY Certificate of Fitness for S-12, S-13, S-14, S-98, F-60, G-60 & S-95.
- Test Fire and Life Safety Equipment as per FDNY requirements.
- Maintain and update all FDNY required logs relating to testing and maintenance of the Building’s Fire and Life Safety equipment, including Building’s Generator.
- EAP Director Certification. Candidates who do not possess an EAP Director certification will be required to actively pursue the certification.
- Must be able to obtain a Fire Safety Director Certificate.
- Perform required Fire Drills pursuant to NYC FDNY requirements.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- 3 years Electrical & HVAC commercial facility experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Vocational and training certification or diploma in a related trade.
- Employee contributions and waiting periods may apply:
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume to HR1firstname.lastname@example.org