Assistant Network Administrator
Part Time / Syosset, NY
Assist and support the Senior Network Administrator in managing and maintaining the network infrastructure, equipment, and environment.
- Offer first through third tier response to matters associated with the networking group’s activities.
- Assist in maintaining centralized documentation of all infrastructure information including hardware/software licensing, network/environment diagrams.
- Respond to network equipment and process malfunction service requests.
- Assist in the research of network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend appropriate hardware and software products to be acquired.
- Coordinate and perform installation and configuration of new equipment as assigned.
- Provide telephony hardware, system, PDA and end-user support.
- Work with third party vendors.
- Install and configure client and server network software and hardware and perform software upgrades as needed.
- Keep IT area and task lists organized
- Will require traveling between corporate headquarters in Syosset and New York City locations.
Education: HS Diploma/GED required, Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Networks or equivalent training preferred.
Experience: Two years experience with data networks, network-related systems administration or other related IT experience.
Other: Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations, as well as demonstrated sensitivity to cross cultural perspectives and experiences.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to HRfirstname.lastname@example.org