Blumenfeld Development Group, Ltd. has an immediate opening in our Syosset, NY Corporate headquarters for an experienced, full-time Leasing/Development Associate. The successful candidate must have a passion for real estate, be self-motivated and self-driven, will possess outstanding communication skills and have an ability to dig into all aspects of commercial development with a strong history and focus on commercial leasing transactions.
BDG is a full service real estate development firm with a development portfolio that includes regionally significant projects, entertainment-based retail, multi-tenant office, medical office, industrial and multi-family residential. BDG has a fully integrated team capable of providing a wide range of real estate services, including those related to leasing, acquisitions, property management, construction, permits and approvals, architectural and engineering design, and user operational planning.
- Strong Background in Commercial leasing (Retail, Office, Industrial)
- Manage roll overs, lease extensions, amendments.
- Work closely with outside brokers to properly market vacancies to prospective tenants (flyer creation, email blasts, leasing plans, site tours).
- Negotiate key business terms in letters of intent and leases.
- Manage drafting and negotiation of leases with outside counsel.
- Ensure key lease dates (delivery, rent commencement) and other milestones are delivered on time, tracked and documented.
- Show space and sites to prospective tenants.
- Create all lease exhibits (LODs, signage, workletter).
- Support development, construction, accounting and management team throughout the leasing process.
- Analyze various leasing scenarios including financial sensitivity analyses.
- Create leasing plans and tenant layouts for prospective tenants.
- Coordinate the transition from construction to property management for completed projects.
- Manage various consultants (architects, expeditors, engineers) and review consultants work for accuracy and detail.
- Assist in preparation of RFP’s, financing packages, and other special reports and presentations.
- Attend project meetings during construction.
- Review leases and prepare lease abstracts.
- Market projects under development and vacancy in existing portfolio
- Create leasing flyers and market studies.
- Create and present tailored “pitchbooks” to prospective anchor tenants.
- Keep open dialogue with existing tenants to survey their satisfaction, minimize roll over and encourage expansion.
- Network and market the firm, attend industry networking events.
- 2+ years of relevant commercial real estate leasing, development, finance and acquisitions experience.
- Ability to read plans
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Argus, PowerPoint and basic knowledge of accounting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Strong quantitative skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated and organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- (Employee contributions and waiting periods may apply)
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
Blumenfeld Development Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer