Blumenfeld Development Group, Ltd., a major real estate company, is looking for Assistant Property Manager with 5 years plus experience as an Assistant Property Manager of a shopping center, commercial property (office buildings, etc.)
This position has the responsibility of supporting the DPM/PM with the ongoing operation of the property. The APM is responsible for supporting the managers in the day to day functions of property management, taking on property management projects, supervising third party vendors, preparing the R&M expense portions of the operating budgets and meeting the same, maintaining good relationships with tenants, governmental agencies, vendors and clients. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to process vendor payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records. The APM is the liaison to the tenants for maintenance, mandatory governmental compliance, day to day operations.
The candidate must have experience associated with administrative duties and possess strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple job functions. A strong background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures, and experience in coordinating and scheduling are essential. This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
- Financial Performance: Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of respective properties. Assists with the completion of annual budgets for each property, tracks financial performance and ensures that financial goals and budgets are met. Anticipates and corrects deviations and problems in financial performance. Process invoices in a timely fashion, ensure all invoices match PO’s and have proper back up.
- Planning: Executes Annual Management Plan which includes goals for the management department. Uses this plan as a guide to assist with the management of properties/portfolio. Reviews with maintenance staff to ensure compatibility with overall goals and requirements. Supports the Property Managers in the implementation of their plans. Review, comment and supervise tenant fit out, base building and site construction projects.
- Leadership: Sets and articulates the direction of the department, ensures that management practices and approaches are up to date and in line with industry standards. Anticipates the need for change and moving the management team forward. Builds and maintains effective working relations between property management staff, and other BDG departments.
- Performance Reporting: Ensures adequate reporting systems are in place and that staff is accountable for the properties they maintain.
- Assumes responsibility for and is actively involved in a proactive tenant satisfaction program. Provides formal written monthly reporting to the DPM/PM that summarizes the status of the properties, issues and corrective actions. Conducts regular meeting with tenants.
- Inspections: On a routine APM will conduct inspections of all BDG properties, photo document same, note deficiency and formulate an action plan and execute same in a timely fashion.
- Staff Development: Provides for a positive work environment for maintenance staff. Participates in development of training plans consistent with BDG’s needs. Ensures that adequate replacements are available to cover vacations, leaves, and job vacancies, and maximize computer resources.
- Communication: Establishes and maintains a formal communication program for the maintenance team and outside vendors.
- Records: Ensures that adequate records are maintained and up to date on all the properties for which APM is responsible. Ensures that adequate records are kept of communications with owners, agencies, tenants and clients.
- Community and Client Relationships: Responsible for developing good community and tenant relationships. Ensures good relationship and communication with these groups.
Other: Performs other assignments, special projects and works with other agencies as assigned. Oversees that adequate safety and security programs exist
- Supervision:** Supervises maintenance staff, security staff and vendors.
- Essential Job Functions:** Drafting Memos and/or making phone calls to Tenants related to lease issues and preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Writing work orders for Maintenance personnel based on information from tenants, Technicians, or based on information gathered from site visits.
- Maintain logs related to:
A. Essential Lead Maintenance (EMP), Project Lists.
B. Obtaining Bids through an RFP process for miscellaneous maintenance and repair projects including, painting, plumbing, parking garage repairs, signage, cleaning, snow removal, rubbish, etc.
C. Other duties include office support and on?call emergency response.
D. Participate in the after?hours “On?Call Rotation” schedule for emergencies.
E. Solicit Vendors for Proposals
F. Schedule Vendor Walkthroughs
G. Procure all insurance Certificates, labor rates and vendor info
H. Update Insurance Logs
I. Correspondence letters to tenants
J. Petty Cash
K. Order Supplies
L. Create, distribute and collect tenant surveys
M. Payroll Reporting
N. On board new hires
O. Obtain, track and log all insurance certificates
P. Review all incident reports
Q. Notify and advise vendors, tenants, Upper Management, respectively of reoccurring incidents.
R. Order and replenish building stock, inventory when necessary.
- Qualifications* The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook ,Yardi, Work-Speed, Empower/Site-Compli***
- Company Benefits:**
- Employee contributions and waiting periods may apply
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 5 years
- English and Spanish
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org